Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Video Daily Double

Greetings, all. It's time for the return of the Video Daily Double, a continuing series of clips, compilations, short films, or other ephemera the Cap'n found online and felt merited sharing. As per the norm, the videos will follow a short bit of reflection / reaction to goings-on in the world of cinema. In this week's case, it's a little closer to home than Hollywood:

Housecleaning -

I really have no idea why, but it's been tricky keeping this up every day since kinda deciding to come back. The Cap'n is really on the fence about going back to the "once a day" pace of blogging. It's not as though I don't have a lot to write about; quite the contrary - I have a backlog of reviews I need to get to, including the massive documentary Never Sleep Again: The Elm Street Legacy, or the thought-lost english language version of Fritz Lang's M. I just haven't gotten back into the swing of doing these every single day.

If it means sacrificing quantity for quality, I might cut back and just focus on getting really well put together (and thought out) reviews for you, dear readers. I have a bit more time to let things settle, and there's a lot that's available to watch soon or that I've already seen and not discussed (Iron Man 2 also comes to mind, as does True Grit). So if a day goes by without a post, don't assume there won't be one the following day; the Cap'n is probably hard at work on something.

On to the videos!

---

Our first video is a compilation of what may be the most overused four word phrase in cinema, "Get Out of There!"



The second video, because it amuses me so, is a montage of 1980s film bullies:

No comments: