Thursday, December 1, 2011

The Beginning of the (Year) End.

 Well gang, it's December, which means I'm one month away from embarking on my annual "Year End" lists. The problem, as I see it, is that I have a LOT of movies I want to see and only one month to watch them. Out of a list of potential titles (and of varying degrees of interest), I've narrowed it down to what I really see before January rolls around. They are (in no particular order):

 Drive
A Dangerous Method
Hugo
Melancholia
The Tree of Life
Rise of the Planet of the Apes
The Muppets
Martha Macy May Marlene
The Future
50/50
The Guard
Our Idiot Brother
Midnight in Paris
The Trip
Troll Hunter
The Devil's Double
Road to Nowhere
Tucker and Dale vs. Evil
Rango
The Ides of March
Another Earth
The Descendants
Tabloid
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy

and just for the hell of it: The Thing.


 If you were curious, this is what I've already seen this year:

 Attack the Block
 Super
 Hobo with a Shotgun
 Bridesmaids
 Paul
 Fast Five
 The People vs. George Lucas
 Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
 Drive Angry
 More Brains: A Return to the Living Dead
 The Mechanic
 Killer Elite
 In Time
 Cyrus
 American: The Bill Hicks Story
 Jackass 3 / 3.5
 Scream 4
 Thor
 The Hangover Part II
 Horrible Bosses
 The Change-Up
 Blubberella
 Ride, Rise, Roar
 Sucker Punch
 X-Men: First Class
 The Ward
 Quarantine 2: Terminal
 Conan O'Brien Can't Stop
 Exporting Raymond
 Fright Night
 Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2
 Red State
 Blood Runs Cold
 Bong of the Dead
 The Dead
 The Puppet Monster Massacre
 Don't Be Afraid of the Dark

 So I have quite a few down, but many more to go. Stay tuned as the Cap'n tries to negotiate working 40 hours a week and watching everything on that first list. I can do it! Right?

No comments: