Wednesday, January 26, 2011

And the Video Daily Double Nominees Are...

Before the Cap'n makes with the videos, it is fair to point out that Academy Award nominations were announced on Monday. Likewise, the Golden Raspberry (Razzies) nominations were also announced, and not to toot my own horn, but looking at the list the movies are nothing but punching bags. They conveniently overlook some horrible films this year for no apparent reason, other than to pick on easy targets. Congratulations, Razzies: you're both obvious and lazy this year.

As per last week's article, I am not going to make any guesses about Oscar nominations, because who knows? I'd honestly forgotten that Best Picture was still a ten horse race, but there are several films on there I'm fond of, even if I don't agree that Toy Story 3 was anywhere near one of the "best pictures" of 2010.

What I will mention is how fascinating the Documentary nomination for Exit Through the Gift Shop is, because there's almost no chance Banksy would show up for the ceremony, accept his (or her) award. That being said, I'm quite keen on finding out what does happen if the film wins, as it was one of my favorite films of the year.

At any rate, let's move on to those videos, eh?


---

Our first video is rather short, but it tickled me to no end, and I expect fans of James Bond and Gaijin will concur.


Our second video makes up for the brevity of the first; this is a sixteen minute fan film based around the Fallout series of games, and I thought it was clever in a number of ways.

No comments: