Friday, December 24, 2010

A Little Something to Tide You Over

While the Cap'n has many things which I could write about - reviews of Cronos, The Red Shoes, Fantasia 2000, Iron Man 2, or yet another essay on holiday-based cinema, my rules for writing, or musings on film criticism - or things I hope to write about - future reviews of True Grit, The Town, Exit Through the Gift Shop, and even Tron Legacy - soon, I am alas frequently pulled away from the computer by forces beyond the world of film.

Accordingly, I don't want to leave you hanging, and while I would very much like to talk about Cronos (which begins in December), it's going to have to wait until there are less, shall we say, distracting forces at play. In the meantime, I offer you this, which came too late to be a Video Daily Double but nevertheless should amuse you, whether you celebrate Christmas or not.

Neil Gaiman presents a poem:

39 Degrees North: Christmas Card 2010 from 39 Degrees North on Vimeo.



Additionally, five holiday related movies the Cap'n recommends instead of watching A Christmas Story* on a loop tomorrow:

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
The Ice Harvest
The Ref
Die Hard
Batman Returns



* not that there's anything wrong with A Christmas Story in and of itself, but 24 hours is a bit much, TBS...

No comments: