Monday, December 21, 2009

Mostly Harmless, and Largely Inconsequential (until the end. I mean, seriously, what the hell????)

Watching I Heart Huckabees again for the first time in... oh, it's been at least three years, I was very surprised to see Jonah Hill, Isla Fisher, and Richard Jenkins in the film. I don't think that in 2004, when I first saw Huckabees, that I knew who Jonah Hill and Isla Fisher were, so that makes a little more sense. I can understand not remembering Richard Jenkins, as I'd also forgotten Tippi Hedren and Talia Shire were in the film, but it's nutty how a jump in visibility will ripple backwards into films I thought I knew pretty well.

Still, the movie holds up quite well, and the rest of the cast (which I did recall) are all very good. That's about the level of insight you're getting here, gang. Mostly I thought I'd throw out that first paragraph and move on. Dig?

---

A number of you have been telling me that Avatar is... something or other. It turns to white noise when you start talking, so I'm not really sure what you said. If I had to guess, you secretly hated it but have agreed to take on "paid sponsor" positions in order to get yourself a piece of that action.

No matter what any link at the bottom of this entry might tell you, I assure you the Cap'n definitely did not and will not see Avatar. I like my eyes just the way they are, and I'll take my movies antiquated, thanks. There's a better chance of me seeing Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel than the blue cat thingy.

---

This Vincent Price Christmas Special, from last week's SNL, makes me laugh and cringe. Enjoy



---

Finally, what the hell is this? Seriously. Can somebody explain this to me, because I'm at a loss.

No comments: