Saturday, June 4, 2011

A Saturday Night Quickie

 Hello. The Cap'n here: normally I don't like to miss two days in a row without writing something, but extenuating circumstances are keeping me away from the computer for extended periods of time. I'll be back tomorrow with a new Trailer Sunday, followed by reviews for The Dungeon Masters, Jackass 3.5, a Retro Review of Trees Lounge, and hopefully some other interesting films later in the week.

I'd like to take this opportunity to apologize to the pervs who have been visiting the Drive Angry review with image searches for "drive angry naked chick" - which is now almost as popular as "what is the championship ring in The Mechanic" - I've opted to change the photograph because the point I was conveying is how trashy the film is, not to give you a "naked chick" to oogle. Surely you can find naked pictures of women without Amber Heard beating them up or skeezy fat guys taking cell phone pictures elsewhere on the internet.

 As for the aforementioned championship ring in The Mechanic, I've also amended that page with images of the ring, the Superbowl ring Jason Statham is looking at online, and the Superbowl Championship rings featured in The Rundown for comparison's sake. The only thing I'm certain of is that it doesn't match any 1992 championship ring I could find (NFL, MLB, NBA, or NHL), but judging by the build of the guy, it's either for wrestling or football. I'm not sure what the "R" stands for, unless it's a University. It could, of course, not actually be a 1992 "World Championship" ring, but since the Blogorium has become a hub of traffic for just this purpose, the Cap'n will keep looking into it.

Odd, considering that The Mechanic is only okay and not a really good Jason Statham movie, that I would be devoting time to something as trivial as a ring, but the fact that it implies something will happen in the film that doesn't clearly resonated with more people than me.

Okay, I need to be off, but you folks stay tuned; there's plenty to come!

No comments: