Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The Wonderful World of Video Daily Doubles!

 Welcome back, my happy cats and kittens, to another ad-tacular edition of the Video Daily Double. We're continuing our sales and industrial films summer with two movies I just had to share with you, one of which was the reason I transitioned from viral clips to vintage educational films in the first place. The other one is, well, a product of its time, and I can't imagine what they really thought viewers would get out of it. It is fun to watch, so there's that.

 On to the selling, buying, and sell-in's!

---

 Our first film, Freeze-In, is a bit of a cheat. It wasn't shown to sell people Kenmore freezers, but to educate employees of Sears how to sell the freezer to you (hence the warning at the beginning). Let's see how well that worked for employees, customers, or well, anyone.



 Our second film, The Wonderful World of Tupperware, is something I've been looking for since I first saw the short (along with Keep Off the Grass) on Turner Classic Movies Underground. Now we all know how great Tupperware is, but let's check it out before we go buy some more, eh?

No comments: