Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Retro Review: The Time Machine (2002)

 I don't recall ever seeing this film. Huh. Don't know why I'd review it. I guess if I had, I might say that it was very bad. Jeremy Irons hams it up and Guy Pearce doesn't really... well, I don't know. Like I said before, I don't think I ever saw this movie. Have you?

 Here is some information from IMDB that might be of interest to you. For example, it's said that Gore Verbinski (The Ring, Rango) came in to re-direct the film after H.G. Wells' great-grandson Simon Wells had trouble with "extreme exhaustion". Simon Wells then went on to make Mars Needs Moms, a movie I know I didn't see. Seriously this time. Working with computer actors is probably less exhausting, I guess. Also, Double Take's Orlando Jones is in this movie. Until 45 seconds ago I forgot that Double Take was a movie, let alone one I saw, enjoyed, and owned on DVD for a while. I guess I can thank The Time Machine for that.

 Also, I kid you not: Jeremy Irons' character is identified as Über-Morlock. Yikes.

 I can't recommend this movie because even if I did see it I honestly don't remember anything about it. That's probably because I didn't see it, but don't quote me on that. I see lots of things and forget about them.

 Oh well, hopefully I can find something I watched last week. Maybe I'll try to remember Double Take. I honestly seem to remember liking it, but have scant memories of the film. I think there's a train.... wow, this is gonna be a rough stretch of Retro Reviews...

No comments: