Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Video Daily Double (and the most amazing link ever)

You know gang, I thought I'd outdone myself with that MST3k Haiku link. Truly, it is a site worth visiting, but I may have found one better. One that you'll never forget for as long as you live:


I know what you're thinking, but no, it's not fake, and yes, it's about exactly what you think it's about. Because I know that morbid curiosity is going to lead you over there by hook or by crook, I'm not going to excerpt any of the stories. I want you to find out for yourself.

See folks, this is Fan Fiction at its most unhinged. Oh sure, Twilight has its devotees, and Harry Potter "slash" fiction goes out there, to be sure, but this is a Triceratops of a different color.

---

And now that I've set you up with that, let's move on to the video portion of today's post:

Our first video has Predators in it, but has nothing to do with the Governator, Robert Rodriguez, or anything remotely creepy. Wait, strike that last part. Don't believe me? Stay all the way through it until Danny Glover shows up.




The second video is another in the "Arnold Schwarzenegger" series. A few weeks ago I brought you a compendium of Mr. Freeze puns, thus saving you the burden of having to watch Batman & Robin. However, I feel that this collection of 160 classic "Ah-nuld" lines will push large chunks of his filmography up your Netflix queue.



---


I'll be back tomorrow with either a) a review of The Hudsucker Proxy, b) 4 Reasons Why Iron Man is Definitely Not for Children, or c) some musings about the alternate "Fade to White" version of Lady Vengeance.

Next week I hope to finally have my piece comparing I Am Legend in all its cinematic iterations up, but I want to rewatch The Omega Man and I Am Legend first (the Cap'n already wrapped up another go-round of The Last Man on Earth).

No comments: