Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Retro Review: My Favorite Entries of 2011

 As I did last year, I'm going to look back at a few pieces I really enjoyed writing in the past year. When you put out as much material as the Cap'n does, the "overload" factor tends to push essays and reviews to the side. It's true that 2/7ths of the week is devoted to Video Daily Doubles and Trailer Sundays, but since I switched over to "Retro Reviews" and not "From the Vaults," Tuesdays have been devoted to looking back with material that didn't exist previously. There's a lot to dig through, even as my schedule grew more hectic and I couldn't publish as consistently a body of work as I would have liked to.

 Here are a dozen or so pieces from 2011 that I thought worked. I liked them, had fun writing them, and am happy to include them in the Blogorium If you've read them before, I hope you have fun revisiting. If you haven't, I hope you take the time to check them out and are as pleased as I was.

 January 20th, 2011 - The Curious Case of David Cronenberg

 January 25th / Feburary 1st, 2011 - Retro Review(s): Dazed and Confused / Tron

 February 21st / 24th, 2011 - Blogorium Review(s): The Red Shoes / Black Swan

 March 11th / July 9th, 2011 - Cinephilia: Meme Without a Cause / Two Reasons I Don't Always Understand "Geek" Culture

 April 28th / August 22nd, 2011 - TV Talk: The Simpsons Treehouse of Horror I-X / XI-XXI

 May 12th, 2011 - Blogorium Review: Blow Out

May 30th, 2011 - Blogorium "Review": The Hangover Part II (not my favorite, but people do love it).

 June 13th, 2011 - We Interrupt Our Regularly Scheduled Programming...

August 9th, 2011 - Retro Review: Dungeons & Dragons (An Imagined Conversation)

September 13th, 2011 - Spoiler of the Day: Hannibal

October 13th, 2011 - Meanwhile...


Feel free to poke around and see if you find anything else you like. It's a sampler of the many types of posts that make up the Blogorium. You can pick any Video Daily Double and find something silly, by the way...

No comments: