Friday, January 29, 2010

Damn You, Weather!

The hideous Sou'Easter is upon Blogorium central. If folks are still wondering (or feeling foolhardy), tomorrow's "One bourbon, one scotch, one beer" is still going on. I might end up watching them by myself, but what the hell?

It's a good line up:

Bourbon - David Lynch's Wild at Heart

Scotch - Stanley Kubrick's Dr. Strangelove or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb

Beer - a surprise.

plus I'm throwing together trailers for films that were considered in each category. No stupid snowstorm and freezing temperatures are going to chase the Cap'n off of a movie night, although I suddenly understand why I've never tried a 'thon in January...

---

Confession time: Remember when I was talking about those Criterion discs? Okay, so several of those "would like to have"'s were movies I ordered used from Amazon. Mona Lisa, The Unbearable Lightness of Being, Night and Fog, Salesman, Insomnia, Nanook of the North, Peeping Tom, and Dead Ringers are all on their way.

My criteria for these Criterions had everything to do with being able to get them for less than $20 apiece and the relative ease of locating the films. Most of them never show up in stores, and I've been oogling Salesman ever since I parted ways with it, so I'm glad to have it on the way.

---

Adam has been gently reminding me that J.D. Salinger died yesterday, and that the unlicensed movies should be coming any day now. Heh heh. May I suggest Shia LeBouf for Catcher in the Rye? Don't even ask me what they should do with Franny and Zooey. Heh. Heh. Two words: Brett Ratner.

---

Stay warm, and risk those broken limbs for movie night Saturday!

No comments: