Saturday, January 30, 2010

Weather, why must you block my Cap'n?

Well gang, "One Bourbon, One Scotch, and One Beer" has been postponed. While not indefinitely, there is no set date for its return. I'll try to get on that, but weekends get a wee bit busy as we move along the semester. I'm not at all disappointed, except with the stupid weather that willingly took my long planned event and shat frozen water all over it.

It's not any warmer here at the moment. We're inching towards a balmy 15 degrees tonight, so bundle up and buckle down, as many folks did. The parking lot outside is quite literally covered in a sheet of ice, which is in turn covered by a later of packed snow. I know this because a) you can hear the ice cracking when you walk on the snow, and b) you can uncover the ice with your foot until you fall over.

Some super troopers are coming over nevertheless, and depending on the mood of the Blogorium, we'll either watch Raising Arizona or play this ridiculous Japanese game I have called Katamari Damacy. I don't know what it means either, but it looks like this:



So yeah... I cannot make this stuff up.

---

In other news: Tuesday brings some nutty business on digital versatility disc and Blue Laser Unlimited Ray. In addition to a non-Criterion BD of Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, you can pick up The House of the Devil (previously mentioned here in a post about the awesome VHS packaging gimmick), Universal Soldier: Regeneration (which I hear "sets the bar for direct to video"), The Complete Doctor Who specials, a little movie I like to call Zombieland, plus the one everybody's been waiting for.

Yes folks, I speak of The Music Man on Blu-Ray. And I'm only being half sarcastic, because as we've established, the Cap'n is a sucker for musicals, and I happen to be a fan of The Music Man. So I've got that going for me, ladies.

---

Okay, my feet are cold. I could put on slippers or wrap this blog up, and I think that we both know how this is going to end.

No comments: