Saturday, February 27, 2010

Claritin, Tylenol, or Power Drill?

Slim pickings tonight. I'm just warning you up front. The Cap'n has a bit of a splitting headache of unknown origin (which we all know means only one thing: brain slugs), and I pretty much wrote myself out trying to digest A Serious Man last night. Plans to catch up with Black Dynamite fell through today, and all I really managed to do was get in the new episode of Saturday Night Live - which I found surprisingly amusing*.

However, I shall weather on with something or other, and give you some quality Trailer Sunday action tomorrow. If you're well behaved, I might even share my critical synopsis of Barton Fink come Monday. You'll see it before Herr Doktor does. Don't you feel special?

---

For those of you in the area, the Cap'n will again be hosting an Oscar party next Sunday night (March 7th), which will be filled with... uh.... snark. Yes, lots of snark. There's a contingent who comes to talk about the fashion, which is totally fair, but my favorite pastime is punctuating commercial breaks with trailers from 42nd Street Forever...

Wait. This sounds awfully familiar. Did I write something remarkably similar to that last week?

Ah. I did. My bad.

---

This is going to come as a shock to many of you, but the Cap'n temporarily lost his senses and started a Facebook account. I blame A Serious Man and a serious lack of sleep. Add me if you're feeling bold, because I haven't yet grown jaded enough to hit that "ignore" button.

On the other hand, that little Twitter-ing experiment got that out of my system. If that's your bag, please keep it up, but I need more than 140 characters to convey what I'm thinking.

---

You folks have a 50/50 chance of seeing a review of The Hurt Locker next week. It's entirely dependent on what my work load looks like, but I admit that I do have at home and would like to watch the likely winner for "Best Picture" before the Academy Awards. I'd also like to watch The Informant!, but that's contingent on remembering to pick it up somewhere...

Oh, and there's a really good chance you'll see a review of Purple Rain next weekend. sigh.

* It's been pretty good of late, but my hopes were not stratospheric with host and musical guest Jennifer Lopez. Sorry.

No comments: