Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Review Break (and some house-cleaning stuff)

Greetings readers. As you've no doubt noticed, there have been a steady stream of Blogorium Reviews over the last few days. There will be more to come, for two reasons:

1) I had the chance to watch several movies in a relatively short period of time and I'm trying to review all of them for you.

2) Because the electricity at Blogorium HQ remains shaky at best, I wrote many of them last week, including a handful of others you've yet to see. In the coming days, you can expect proper reviews for The Man Who Wasn't There, Fantastic Mr. Fox, Shutter Island, and possibly The Road.

I did also see Sherlock Holmes for the second time on Thursday, but as I've written about it twice previously (see here and here - no wait, here), and intend to give the Blu-Ray a proper write up when it arrives via Netflix, I will say that the film certainly holds up. I could pretend that I paid more careful attention to the clues (and I kinda did), but the character work from Downey and Law really do carry the film.

For those wondering if the Cap'n has yet or not: I have not seen Hot Tub Time Machine, nor do I know when I will. Issues at HQ are at times all-encompassing, and I frequently find myself staying home in order to explain something again to the newest repairman. If nothing else, the recent investment in an Uninterrupted Power Supply should prevent the computer from being fried permanently, which is of some relief to the Cap'n.

Onward and upwards, or what you can expect for the rest of the week: As I've settled on Wednesday for Video Daily Doubles, I think you shall be entertained with tomorrow's selections. Thursday brings a review that I daresay will surprise many of you, considering a position I have long upheld but may have recently caved to. Friday will either bring you Fantastic Mr. Fox or Shutter Island, with The Road or The Man Who Wasn't There on Saturday, followed by our usual Trailer Sunday hijinks.

In the meantime, as I have power and desperately need to catch up on some German homework, I must take leave of you good readers. Enjoy your evenings and the reviews to come, as I feel they should reflect what the Blogorium is about, rather than the ramblings of late.

No comments: