Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Summer Fest: Recap

Well folks, sorry I've been a bit slackadasical in getting this post up in a timely manner, but the weekend of sleeplessness finally caught up with me about an hour into work today. Not to say I regret the "from dusk til dawn" aspect of Summer Fest, but as cool as it is to have people willing to watch movies with you from sundown to sunrise, the lack of sleep can be taxing.

Tomorrow night I'll have some pictures up so that you can get a sense of what it was like to be here. For anyone who missed out on the coverage, we watched the following movies from Thursday to Sunday:

The Happening
Plan 9 from Outer Space
Blood Car
Teeth
Shark Attack 3: Megalodon
Dead Heat
C.H.U.D.
Night of the Lepus
Fido
Friday the 13th Part 2
Feast
Attack of the Killer Tomatoes
The Giant Claw

along with sprinkles of The Simpsons Treehouse of Horrors, the Twilight Zone on sci-fi, and Tales from the Crypt. There's, uh, something else, but even if I could identify it by name, I won't. Somehow it seems very appropriate that we ended up watching thirteen feature films during Horror Fest.

Not to be disrespectful of a guest blogger in any way but I do feel I need to correct Neil's post just a smidge: Ray Harryhausen didn't actually work on King Kong in any capacity. Willis O'Brien was chief stop motion for Kong, although Harryhausen's no slouch. He's just not of King Kong fame; more like 20 Million Miles to Earth or Earth vs the Flying Saucers or Jason and the Argonauts fame.

But speaking of guest bloggers, I'd like to thank all who attended Horror Fest and spread the word, and a special thanks to Neil and the Cranpire who were present for every single movie of the fest proper (if not always awake). Kudos also go to those brave souls that paid good money to see The Happening. At least you know what the rest of the world doesn't. Yeah, that's the ticket.

There's no picture for it, so I'd just like to thank the twenty or so people who crammed into my "not large enough for all of you" living room for Night of the Lepus. That was incredicool and everyone chimed in on the myriad of logistical problems, bizarre plot points, or instances of DeForrest Kelley being pedophillic. Truly a sight to behold, which is why I didn't take a photo.

After tomorrow I guess you won't have to read about Horror Fest again until October. This breaks your dried up little hearts, I'm sure. Somehow we'll push on together, dear reader. Somehow...

No comments: