Monday, September 21, 2009

The Voting is the Hardest Part...

Or it will be, anyway. So far we have 11 really good choices for "Fan's Night" with another two (Feast and Teeth at the moment) joining the list. I did a quick check of the list of movies left to go, and there are 31 left to vote on. Initially, I was going to drop a few of those, but we have some twisted voter out there who loves to vote for the worst possible choices.

Speaking of which, kudos to you, futility voter. I'm not 100% sure who you are, but your voting indicates that every movie that all other H-Fest attendees hated were your favorites. Or maybe you're just the ironic advocate of what I'd call "The Worst Horror Fest Ever".

Whatever you're up to, it's amusing me, so I'll fore go dropping things like Night of the Living Dead 3-D, The Ruins, and Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Next Generation. Otherwise you'd have nothing to vote for!

---

Back to the "Hardest Part": The next official voting brackets (beginning in October) are going to be a little bit different. I'll be putting two of the current favorites head-to-head, and you can only vote for one. Unless, of course, you don't want to take any breaks and want to try to watch 18 movies straight through*. Trust me, while the choosing is going to be tough, it's going to be a great night of movies one way or the other.

---

By the way, the field trip choice is 99% Zombieland. The new trailer sold me on it.





---

postscript: okay, it's clear that the Cap'n fell asleep, woke up late, and didn't have anything to write about. Tomorrow will have something to do with actual movies and not Horror Fest stuff most of you could have guessed about. But seriously, kudos to that sick bastard voting for shitty movies. I hope you don't win, because I'm not showing "that movie" again, but I admire your quixotic quest to represent crap.




* I'm game.

2 comments:

Doctor Tom (Tom Dempster) said...

One word.

ANTICHRIST.

C'mon, man!

Cap'n Howdy said...

Two words.

LIMITED RELEASE.

That's what Antichrist will be opening to on October 23rd, so it's not really an option. The Cap'n doesn't feel like making a field trip quite that far with so many people coming to town.