Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Ah... excellent.

Since I ended up grabbing a copy of Predator 2 on Blu-Ray (the price was right, for once), it got the Cap'n thinking about the one thing on this disc I enjoy as much as Predator 2: the Gary Busey interviews which are, at best, tangentially related to the actual plot.

While searching for a specific piece, I stumbled across this "best of" clip, which covers all of the bases of Busey's particular brand of crazy. Which is a good crazy. I think.



Skip to around the 2:15 mark to see something really special, which is perhaps the most in-depth "background detail" you're ever likely to see. Not only did Gary Busey clearly make all of this shit up in his head, but I doubt anybody else in this movie has any idea why the Predator showed up in Predator 2 other than to kill people. If they did know, then something went horribly awry in translating that to audiences.

I'm not putting this up to mock Gary Busey, although it is kind of astonishing in how serious and bizarre his theories about the Predator are. I put it up because for sheer entertainment value, you may never see a better "making of" interview than Gary Busey explaining Quantum Gravity theory in a movie where nothing he's talking about ever appears in the film. At all.

---

Today was a strange day for BD releases. For example, the following movies came out: Crank: High Voltage, Freddy vs Jason, The New World, Creepshow, Over the Top, The Postman, Friday, Sphere, Catwoman, The Quick and the Dead, and Requiem for a Dream.

Yeah... I don't even know where to start. I'm quite keen on Requiem for a Dream, and know from a Playstation Store download that Creepshow looks pretty good for an almost-thirty-year-old movie. The Postman and Over the Top were too expensive for the caliber movie they represent (I'm sorry, but I'm not paying $24.99 when Tango & Cash was $15 when it came out), and I'm not watching Catwoman. It's not a possibility.

But I guess most of you are gearing up for midnight sales of The Beatles boxed sets. If one of you would be kind of enough to bring them over here, I will in turn share an actually released cd quality version of "Move Your Dead Bones".


In fact, I'm listening to it right now.

No comments: