Thursday, March 4, 2010

Video Daily Double (if you're lucky)

After three hours of fighting power flipping out, I think we're finally going to behave long enough to write something. Maybe.

Fortunately for you cats and kittens, I'm of the mind to share some quality Video Daily Double material and call it a day until tomorrow, when we'll get back to yapping about horror, which appears to be my kick this week following a Coen-excursion on Monday. Hell, I might even sit down and watch The House of the Devil on Friday so we can close it out in theme...

---

As you've probably gathered, a review for The Hurt Locker is very unlikely. If it wins Best Director or Best Picture, I'll be sure to watch it immediately following like every other "Joe Watched-the-Oscars".

---

On to our featured attraction, and tonight I've got some good ones.

The first of tonight's Video Daily Double comes from the United Kingdom, and is an excellent 60-second distillation of Sam Raimi's The Evil Dead - in claymation. I dug it, and think you will too:

Evil Dead done in 60 seconds with CLAY - 2010 from Lee Hardcastle on Vimeo.



The second is the BBC's other Doctor Who trailer (one that relies less on a montage of footage from the upcoming season and more on suggesting things to come). I'm personally looking forward to Matt Smith's Doctor, and I sense that series five is going to be a lot of fun. The montage trailer is also interesting, but this spot gives you a better sense of what kind of Doctor Smith will be...



---

Ta ta for now. The lights are flickering (again).

No comments: