Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Video Daily Double: Now with 200% More Machismo!

Greetings all. As promised, I bring you another installment of the Video Daily Double, a name the Cap'n may or may not have stolen appropriated from Jeopardy.

For some reason, Sherlock Holmes opted not to come tomorrow via Netflix (I'm going to go out on a limb and guess because it's more popular than what is coming), so I can't give you a full-on Blu-Ray review yet of Guy Ritchie's Maximum Movie Mode (as seen - not by me, mind you - in Watchmen and ummm, Harry Potter maybe?). It's a shame, because Sherlock Holmes is practically dripping in the combined male macho-ness of Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law, but all is not lost.

You see, in their infinite wisdom, Netflix sensed I needed something with a bit more testosterone than An Education (not to say anything bad about An Education, which I'll probably watch first), so they're sending me both discs of Steven Seagal: Lawman, a show that I missed out on entirely thanks to not having cable. I know that it's almost certainly more sedate than Marked for Death, Hard to Kill, or Exit Wounds, but I'll take it. That would make a fine weekend coupled with Universal Soldier: Regeneration.

Speaking of weekends, I might as well get this out right now so that nobody planning ahead feels gypped: There Will Be NO Bad Movie Night This Year. Sorry.

On to the "Video Daily Double" part of today's proceedings.
---

The first of today's Video Daily Double is... well, disturbing. Not in execution, but in conception. It drips with a quaint but unsettling machismo. It's either a colossally bad idea or the work of a genius drama teacher.

Scarface, performed by Elementary School Students.


The other is also dripping with machismo, although I leave it up to you to decide which of the two is truly more disturbing.

The Expendables

No comments: