Friday, October 1, 2010

Shocktober: Official Horror Fest Announcement

Greetings, readers. As many of you know, October is my favorite month for movies, and the Cap'n tries to stack the deck with horror movies that I haven't seen or that I think you should hear about. There's also something else that happens every October, and that's:

HORROR FEST

Now, a number of regular readers have been asking me for details about Horror Fest V (originally sub-titled "A New Beginning," per the Friday the 13th series). Originally, I had planned to hold it in Santa Fe, where I'm currently located, but there's been a slight change of plans. This Halloween weekend, Horror Fest V will take place in....

GREENSBORO

where the Cap'n will be returning in the next week or so. I won't bore you with the details, because Horror Fest is front and center here in the Blogorium, and boy howdy do I have a killer lineup this year. Also, I have a new sub-title:


This year's Horror Fest Includes:

Weasels Rip My Flesh

Curse of the Undead

Point of Terror

Kingdom of the Spiders

Frankenhooker

Pieces

The House of the Devil

Street Trash

City of the Living Dead

The New York Ripper

The House on Sorority Row

It's Alive

The Evil Dead

Happy Birthday to Me

Let the Right One In

Night of the Living Dead

Tales from the Crypt

The Living Dead at the Manchester Morgue

The Exorcist

and our only returning film...

Trick 'r Treat

Festivities will begin Thursday, October 28th, at 7 p.m. and will continue until Sunday, October 31st. Due to budgetary limitations, this year's Horror Fest will be a BYOB affair*, and snacks may be limited.

The location is contingent on where the Cap'n ends up moving in Greensboro, so stay tuned for details. I hope to see as many of you as possible for Horror Fest's return to G-Vegas!

* The upside is that there will be NO Wild Irish Rose, Tequiza, or Bud Light with Clamato on the premises.

1 comment:

Doctor Tom (Tom Dempster) said...

To hell with rallying for Sanity.
I'm all in.