Thursday, June 4, 2009

Well, I tried.

If you haven't seen Mr. Cranpire's comment from last night's post, let me preface tonight's digression by excerpting it here:

While watching the Substitute 4(Treat Williams vs. young Nazis) I decided that the 4th part of any series now must have the subtitle
Down to the Last Drop.
Spread the word and look for any movie where it actually makes sense.

True to my word, I will spread the word although I had a hell of a time with the second part. There are a lot of part 4's out there, so I tried. Most didn't end well.

Friday the 13th Part IV: Down to the Last Drop
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Down the the Last Drop
Thunderball: Down to the Last Drop
Leprechaun 4: Down to the Last Drop in Space
A Nightmare on Elm Street Part IV: The Dream Master Down to the Last Drop
Conquest of the Planet of the Apes: Down to the Last Drop
Land of the Dead: Down to the Last Drop
Shadow of the Thin Man: Down to the Last Drop
Terminator Salvation: Down to the Last Drop
Star Trek IV: The Voyage Down to the Last Drop*
Star Wars: A New Hope Down to the Last Drop
Lethal Weapon IV: Down to the Last Drop
Superman IV: The Quest for Peace Down to the Last Drop
Psycho 4: Down to the Last Drop

I tried this with several more tetralogies, mostly unsuccessfully...

Admittedly, it does sometimes work, if in silly ways:

Bloodsport 4: Down to the Last Drop
Rocky IV: Down to the Last Drop
Live Free or Die Hard: Down to the Last Drop
Rambo: Down to the Last Drop
Hellraiser IV: Down to the Last Drop
Phantasm IV: Down to the Last Drop
Fast and Furious: Down the the Last Drop
Alien Resurrection: Down to the Last Drop
Saw IV: Down to the Last Drop
Anaconda: Trail of Blood Down to the Last Drop
House of Dracula: Down to the Last Drop
Citizen Toxie: Down to the Last Drop


The best one I could find, to be honest, was Killer Tomatoes Eat France Down to the Last Drop.

If it were ever to happen, I can't argue with Evil Dead 4: Down to the Last Drop. That has the makings of a classic right there.

However, the winner for absolute dirtiest subtitle addition has to be:

Batman & Robin: Down to the Last Drop

coming in a close second is Meatballs 4: Down to the Last Drop. gross.


So there you have it. I don't know how well this theory holds up, but I tested it.


* okay, that's kind of funny.

1 comment:

El Cranpiro said...

A day but I wanted to amend some of our entries in what I am calling th coming thing.

Leprechaun 4: Down to the Last Drop of Space
Superman: Down to the LAst drop of Peace.
You dont have to be so rigid with it have fun and start spreading it.
Like OZ season 4: Down to the Last drop