Saturday, October 10, 2009

It really should have been our "Field Trip" Film.

I watched Trick R Treat tonight. Because I'll be writing about it formally for Horror Fest, I don't want to say too much, but it was exactly what I was hoping for. The interconnected stories are all atmospheric, fun, and creepy. I like the way that parts of the larger story develop organically and never feel like cheats, and that writer / director Michael Dougherty keeps things rightfully centered on Halloween. As anthology stories go, there's not really a weak story in the bunch, although I'm partial to the school bus and Sam / Mr. Kreeg segments.

Trick R Treat is going to be a lot of fun to show on Friday night, just after midnight (so it's actually Halloween), and I'm looking forward to talking more about it then. For now, know that I really enjoyed it. Hopefully the dvd / Blu Rays sales will be good enough to give us a sequel, because this is the kind of movie that could easily be a yearly tradition. More than Saw, anyway...

---

Otherwise, it must have been sixties day here or something. In addition to watching Monterey Pop, I also ended up sitting through a little more than half of Batman: The Movie from 1966. Yep, the one with Adam West and Burt Ward. And the Bat Shark Repellent Spray. And what is possibly the most ridiculous scene in an already ridiculous movie: Batman trying to get rid of a bomb.



Gotta love those plastic ducks.

---

Starting on Monday, I'll be putting up the finalists for "Favorites Night" up head to head. You can only vote for one, and the window to vote is going to be relatively tight. We need to get it down to around 5 or 6 from 24, so it's not always going to be an easy vote. Just hope I don't ask you to choose between Blood Car and Terrorvision!

No comments: