Friday, October 23, 2009

Never Seen's, Double Features, and the Living Bread...

As you may have noticed, I put up the rest of the polls at once, to speed this along. We have a week left, and after you're done voting we have to narrow those 12 down to 6 movies for Saturday. It's going to get hard. Like, really hard. Just wait until you have to choose between Slither and Black Sheep, or Blood Car and Terrorvision...

Okay, I'm only going to do that if I feel mean. But seriously, we're at the point where very few selections are weak ones, so you've got a big week ahead. Look for the first two match ups this Trailer Sunday.

---

This is probably shameful, but the Cap'n has never seen the Frank Langella version of Dracula. Sure, I've read about it, and I know what it is, but I've never seen it. I'm not even sure that I'd recognize the trailer for it if I saw that.

I guess that I just assumed it wasn't that great since you only occasionally hear about the film, but lately people have been speaking fondly about it, so now I'm kinda curious. It wasn't terribly expensive, so I picked a copy up, and if time permits, it'll be the third Spooky Doom entry (following The House that Dripped Blood and the forthcoming Slaughter of the Vampires).

I also picked up (inexplicably, I must admit) two of the Elvira's Movie Macabre double features tonight. The first has Count Dracula's Great Love and Frankenstein's Castle of Freaks, and the other features Legacy of Blood and The Devil's Wedding Night. If I'm reading the backs correctly, you can watch the movies with or without the Elvira host segments. It's not quite USA Up All Night, but it might suffice down the line...

---

Finally, I was a little bored in the office and cooked these up. The first one is my favorite, and reminds me that I should put that short film up for you enjoyment...


And here it is: The original Night of the Living Bread

No comments: