Monday, October 19, 2009

Spooky Doom: Aw, who am I kidding?

Sorry for the slackadasical posting today, gangerinos, but the Cap'n was a little burned out after spending five hours writing a ten page paper. I don't know whether two pages an hour is good or not... probably not. Well, there was a lot of digging through primary sources and... you don't even care, do you? You're slowly backing away towards the door. I see you! Ghoulface Killah lives behind that door!!!!

Bwaaaaaah! Now look what you've done!

---

Okay, so I started but haven't finished watching Slaughter of the Vampires, which is a nice slice of Italian Cleavesploitation (no nudity, but lots of nubile young ladies in very tight bodices for no reason whatsoever) and I guess a vampire. I mean, there is one, but I'm not far enough in to see what his plan is, other than finding a new vampire bride (the old one was left behind and staked by angry villagers).

The film is dubbed but it's not such a bad thing. I don't honestly know how watchable it would be with subtitles, and horror is the universal language, y'know? Besides, I'm pretty sure that the vampire is a German gentleman and perhaps this was a multilingual shoot, like those Spaghetti Westerns.

For some reason, this movie was released stateside as Curse of the Blood Ghouls, which is admittedly a better title, but it doesn't set you up for any vampire slaughter. I like it when the movie promises you something and then kinda delivers on it in the first three minutes. Hopefully there's more slaughtering to come.

Here's the trailer, which looks much worse than the dvd picture does. Kudos to Dark Sky Films for cleaning this up, I suppose.



When (if) I have time to finish this 79 minute movie, you'll get a REAL spooky doom about it. Until then, you're going to have to fend for yourself against Ghoulface Killah!

No comments: