Friday, July 31, 2009

From the Vault: 5, 10, 15 (a questionnaire I made up)

editor's note: for math fanatics, this was originally posted in the summer of 2008.

Cut and paste. Do one for yourself. It's fun!

Five Years Ago (2003)

Where were you?

In Greensboro.

Who did you live with?

With the good people of Kind of Blue and The People Under the Stairs (Englund, Nathan, The Rianimator, Ledbetter and Barrett).


What were you watching?

Well, I think I'd sold just about everything dvd-wise at that point, but if memory serves, we watched lots of Buffy and Angel. And David Cronenberg's Spider. We watched Spider over and over again. I still have that dvd...


Favorite Movie(s)?

Not counting what came out in 2003? Faves at the time included Hedwig and the Angry Inch, Ghost World, Almost Famous, and I remember we were really digging on One Hour Photo.

Was there a Horror Fest / What did you do Halloween?

No. I think there was a party at The Tiki Bar.

Name five movies you saw on the big screen.

Return of the King, Looney Tunes: Back in Action, Once Upon a Time in Mexico, House of 1000 Corpses, Kill Bill Volume One.

Ten Years Ago (1998)

Where were you?

Living in Cary and then Greensboro

Who did you live with?

My parents / brother and then the denizens of Mary Foust.

What were you watching?

If memory serves, we were watching Clerks and Army of Darkness almost every week. Also, The Simpsons and The X-Files.

Favorite Movie(s)?

Clerks, Army of Darkness, Mallrats, Evil Dead 2, and Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. I was REALLY into Kevin Smith movies ten years ago.

Was there a Horror Fest / What did you do Halloween?

I'm pretty sure that was near Rocky Horror, so probably not.

Name five movies you saw on the big screen.

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, Saving Private Ryan, There's Something About Mary, The Big Lebowski, Suicide Kings

Fifteen Years Ago (1993)

Where were you?

Cary

Who did you live with?

Parents / brother

What were you watching?

I really WANTED to watch Army of Darkness and Dazed and Confused, but wasn't allowed to. Fifteen years ago I would've been watching Star Trek a lot, I guess.

Favorite Movie(s)?

Raiders of the Lost Ark, Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country, Batman Returns.


Was there a Horror Fest / What did you do Halloween?

More likely than not I was scaring trick or treat-ers, so no.

Name five movies you saw on the big screen.

Jurassic Park, Mrs. Doubtfire, The Nightmare Before Christmas, Groundhog Day, The Last Action Hero (there were six other people in the theatre with us. on opening night).


feel free to add things like "What were you listening to", etc. Since this blog is movie-centric, I stuck to similarly themed questions.

Follow Up Questions:

How many favorites on your list(s) are still favorites?

Looking at what I wrote, I'm kind of surprised how many "all time" favorites are nowhere to be found.

Other than Mallrats, I guess I still dig those movies. My Kevin Smith phase ended sometime around 2004.

Do you still watch the movies you used to watch 5, 10, and 15 years ago?

Yeah, kind of. I haven't seen some of them in a long time, but I'm pretty sure that I've seen part or all of them in the ensuing years.

Will you do this again in 15 years?

That's a tough question to say yes to.

No comments: